In Columbus, they treat all of their reunion planners like family from the moment their event is booked. Even better, the city’s nationally renowned attractions and abundance of historic neighborhoods make it an easy sell to all family members.
No matter the season, you will always find something fun for your family in Columbus.
As the 14th largest city in the country, Columbus is much more than Ohio’s state capital. Featured on the Travel Channel’s list of top 10 domestic destinations to visit in 2020 and offering historic neighborhoods, nationally acclaimed attractions and a booming culinary scene, Columbus is the ideal place to host your next reunion.
Columbus offers unique experiences for the whole family to enjoy. COSI (Center of Science and Industry) continues to be a top-rated science center thanks to its more than 300 interactive exhibits including the one-of-a-kind American Museum of Natural History Dinosaur Gallery. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium allows guests to hand-feed giraffes in the Heart of Africa, explore the brand new sea lion exhibit, Adventure Cove, opening in May, or splash in the wave pool at the connected Zoombezi Bay during the summer months. Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens houses over 400 plant species and features the Scott’s Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden focused on introducing and connecting children to the natural world. Billed as the ultimate indoor LEGO playground, LEGOLAND Discovery Center at Easton includes two rides, 10 LEGO build and play zones, a 4D cinema and more.
Can’t Miss Attractions
Get Into the Game
Home to several major sporting teams, your family can catch a game no matter what the season!
Looking for an area to host an outdoor event? Columbus has sprawling acres of greenspace located conveniently throughout the city, including more than 20 metro parks. Downtown’s Scioto Audubon is a former industrial space transformed into an oasis filled with wildlife and exciting activities. Museum-lovers should visit the Columbus Museum of Art or the recently opened National Veterans Memorial and Museum, the only place where the stories of our veterans, their families and the Fallen – across all branches of service and all eras of conflict – are told together.
For families that love sports, there is no offseason in Columbus. Catch a Columbus Clippers game, Triple-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, or head to a Columbus Blue Jackets NHL game and hear the cannon boom every time the home team scores. Both teams are located downtown, surrounded by many opportunities for exploration before and after a game. Don’t forget about Columbus’ MLS team, Columbus Crew SC, playing at MAPFRE Stadium March through September. A brand new stadium will open for the soccer club in 2021 to join to the other downtown venues.
The friendly and knowledgeable Experience Columbus staff is prepared to make your visit convenient and worry-free, so reach out today to begin planning your reunion in Columbus.
I would like to thank you so very much for your professionalism and prompt attention to my request for brochures and souvenirs from the City of Columbus to assist in making our 47th Family Reunion a success. Your support will make our family reunion a reunion to remember for a lifetime.
– Antoinette B. Dawson
Why Reunite Here
- Sixteen downtown hotels offering 4,250 rooms and over 29,000 rooms citywide
- Centrally located capital city offering hundreds of acres of greenspace
- Family friendly attractions include National Veterans Memorial and Museum, LEGOLAND Discovery Center, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium/ Zoombezi Bay Waterpark, COSI (Center of Science and Industry), Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Columbus Museum of Art and the Ohio History Center.
- We will assist you with itinerary planning, referrals for local service providers, site inspection assistance, reunion planning checklist and discounted souvenirs
- Total hotels downtown- 16
- Total hotel rooms downtown- 4,250
- Total hotels citywide- 263
- Total hotel rooms citywide- 28,854
- Itinerary planning
- Tour Planner and Visitor Guides
- Referrals for local service providers
- Columbus photos
- Site inspection assistance
- Resources: Reunion Planning Checklist, Metro Parks
- Guide and Steps to Success Guide
- Discounted souvenirs
- National Veterans Memorial and Museum
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium/Zoombezi Bay
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
What are you waiting for?
Let Destination Reunions help you plan the perfect reunion.
Tourism Sales Manager