Reunite in Austin, Texas, where the food is flavorfully diverse, the live music is melodious and outdoor adventures are just steps away
Austin, Texas is a great place to go for any reason, whether for a vacation or family reunion, as there is a lot to do and see. Many would not have considered it for their family reunion destination, but it should be on the top of your list. Here’s why your next family gathering should be in ATX, as it’s colloquially known.
Be sure to subscribe for FREE to Destination Reunions for more cityscapes and family reunion planning advice.
The Food in Austin is Bursting with Flavor
Austin, Texas, is a great place to visit for any group because, since it is such a diversely populated city, you can find all kinds of delicious food to satisfy everyone’s needs. It is simultaneously one of the most vegan- and vegetarian-friendly cities in America while also serving some of the most well-known barbecues the country has to offer. Whatever food needs you have, Austin can meet them. Additionally, there is just so much for you to go out and try that you should also consider coming here by yourself so that you can try everything.
- Littlefield’s Tacos + Coffee: Located in Austin’s Tarrytown neighborhood, Littlefield’s serves delicious food and beverages, offering beautiful outdoor picnic-style seating and an enclosed play area for the little ones.
- Fareground: This is Austin’s first food hall featuring six eateries, two bars and all-day coffee. They also showcase local artisans and products for sale and have ample room for large gatherings.
- Meanwhile Brewing Co.: Meanwhile’s property features a soccer field, outdoor stage and doubles as a private events venue for celebrations. Families can enjoy live music, multiple food trucks, a fantastic wooden playscape and a large selection of craft beer.
Must-Experience Places and Activities in Austin, Texas
Not only is Austin a wonderful place to visit because of its nice weather, but it also has a lot of fun and interesting outdoor activities and family-friendly aquatic attractions. How about an evening of bat watching at sunset? Or maybe you’d prefer singing along at a concert from your boat on the lake? Whatever your group prefers, there’s so much to do in Austin.
- Zilker Park is one of the best spaces to go with any group, as there are over 350 acres of land for you to explore and hike, bike, and kayak around.
- Lake Travis is also a great place to go and experience. You can even rent out a party boat if you are so inclined, and there are places to eat and watch live music right off the lake as well.
- Congress Avenue Bridge is Austin’s literal bat cave offering sunset views teeming with bats in flight. This phenomenon can also be viewed from Statesman Bat Observation Center, adjacent to the bridge, where families bring chairs and blankets to await the spectacle.
- Austin water activities are diverse with offerings like water biking, bat cruises and kayaking tours. Your group can take the helm and rent a pontoon or party boat, or head out on a tour aboard a riverboat.
If live music is your jam, Austin delivers impactful performances. Whether it’s after a day out on the boat or a culinary-fueled day, a great way to top off everyone’s afternoon is with some live music. Austin is known as the live music capital of the world, and for a good reason. There are hundreds of venues, ranging from the smaller ones with local bands playing to medium-sized venues with more well-known performers, all the way to bigger stadiums and major headliners. Whatever act you are looking for, you will find them just around every corner in Austin.
- Festivals are an annual tradition in Austin, with many types of music that appeals to all ages. More than 35 festivals are held in Austin, with some of the top being the Austin Blues Festival, iHeartCountry Festival, Urban Cultural Festival and Austin PRIDE, to name a few.
- Music venues are numerous throughout Austin and cater to all types of groups and musical tastes. Find their extensive city venue list here.
- Restaurants with live music are abundant in Austin. From bars and coffee houses to sit-down dinner restaurants, you can find flavors to please everyone’s tastebuds.
These are only a few of the reasons why your next family reunion should be in Austin, Texas, but it’s clear that it is definitely the place to be. It’s welcoming for all groups of people, and you can absolutely find the right places to make your reunion special. Subscribe for FREE to Destination Reunions and start planning today!
Header photo courtesy of Tomek Baginski/Unsplash.